Ceviche!

9:23 AM

Ceviche:  A delightful dish Peruvians have made famous!  Ceviche can be made from many different kinds of fish, in which the fish isn't cooked in the way we think of a fish being cooked.  It's actually soaked in lime juices and other seasonings which gives it it's unique yet delicious flavor.  Neither my husband or I have ever been very big seafood fans, but our new Peruvian friends insisted on making this national food for us.  I'm SO glad they did!  Daniel and I both loved the dish!  The way Anita prepared it, you couldn't even taste a "fishy" taste.   

This is Anita, preparing "Chicharrones de pulpa."  They tasted like a spicy tough version of a french fry, and were good dipped in Mayo! 

    Chicharrones de Pulpa~  On the stove and the finished product! 

                                


I was thrilled to find out that they eat cancha (my favorite snack) with this meal!  It's like an addictive popcorn, except it doesn't pop. 

I couldn't wait to eat it!  Had to pause for a quick picture!

We also learned that Ceviche HAS to be eaten with the national beverage, Inca Kola.  I'd agree- it compliment's Ceviche perfectly! 

They cook up sweet potatoes to go on the side, as well as corn. 


The final product!  It was a delicious success!  Can't wait to eat it again! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You go girl! Way to be adventuresome - I'm so glad that is was good! What kind-of seafood did she put in hers?
    Remember our sushi? That was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images